Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Home again

Well here we are past the mid point for the month of July time really does fly these days and time away is always a refreshing change especially when the time is spent catching up with long time old friends, however, there is nothing quite like being back at home.

After my morning walk I fixed myself a nutritious breakfast using the nifty Birds Eye frozen southwest blend vegetables I came across a few weeks back when I saw these I thought to myself these would taste great stirred into some eggs.

I wasn't wrong the flavor was excellent, just the right blend of peppers, onions, black beans and corn, to which I added a few pieces of bacon and cooked in real butter. Best omelet I ate in a long time.
While away I came across a new limited edition English muffin, by Thomas' this time in apple pie flavor, very yummy, I made sure to look for them this morning while I was shopping for groceries.
I must admit to you my friends and I went through several packages of them during the week they are that good. 

One of my friends gave me this lovely coffee mug for my birthday along with a few packets of organic coffee, this morning I made the Scotch blend.
Bluebird by Enesco
there is also Celtic sunrise, Norselander Grog and Scandinavian blend which I can't wait to try. The company as makes toffee and caramels which were inside the coffee mug but my friends and I made them disappear.

While running my errands yesterday morning I picked up a some books from the library that were waiting for me.
book 2
Last month I began reading the Mitford series by Jan Karon, I enjoyed the first book in this series, I wanted some thing different from my usual mysteries, thrillers and spy adventure novels, this book is definitely far from the books I usually read, I started the second book last night and so far I am not disappointed.
I have been waiting for The Hundred-Foot Journey for several weeks and it was finally waiting for me today, someone told me its soon to be released as a movie, well if you know me I always prefer to read the book.

Well I have a few letters to write and weeds in the garden to tackle once the sun goes down so let me get this posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment