Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Another Slow Sunday and block Nine is done

The mid point of September had me completing the final hand embroidery stitches in block 9 so I am putting together a few new projects to work on along with the Hocuspocusville Quilt block 10. I like to take a break from all the black thread with a project or two.
block 9 complete
The first project will be in the form of a class held at Tomorrow's Treasures quilt shop here in Ocala, the Christmas Tree Skirt from Gail Pan's book Christmas Patchwork Loves Embroidery will be the class project. 

I had purchased the book a few weeks ago when I was attending a Hand Embroidery Club meeting and DeeAnn, who will teach the class, was working on the project in the book. The first class is on Wednesday September 21st, and will meet on the third Wednesday in October and November. The Hand Embroidery Club meets the first Wednesdays of the month which will give ample time to work on the embroidery pieces. Here is a link to the website for the shop in Ocala and the Crystal River shop: http://www.crquilts.com/

I also have a pattern from Urban Threads I plan to work on over the next few weeks, the Goddess is printed onto washable stabilizer so I didn't have to trace the pattern. 
goddess pattern from Urban Threads
I chose a pale blue fabric with white snowflakes since I'm planning to make her a winter goddess. I am currently sorting through my embroidery floss for the colors I want to use, I'd like to add some beading and metallic thread to this piece. http://www.urbanthreads.com/  Here is a link for Urban Threads if you hand embroider or machine embroider there are some great contemporary patterns available for purchase.
blue fabric white snowflakes
Here is a look at block 10 before I begin the hand embroidery, its another of my favorite blocks I just love the clothesline and the cat.
block 10
I am linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching today over at Kathy's Quilts follow the linnk for a look at what other bloggers are slow stitching today:

8 comments:

  1. Wow -- you've got some terrific projects lined up! Your Halloween block looks terrific -- enjoy your stitching today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching your Hocuspocusville blocks grow. Your goddess is pretty. I think you picked the perfect fabric. I can't wait to watch her grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you needlework is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work! I do so love your Hocuspocusville updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Deb--I wanted to reply to your sweet comment on my blog and got "Deb ". I always like to check--some folks choose to be no reply bloggers, and some don't realize it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some great projects! Looking forward to seeing your winter goddess grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Block 9 looks great. You find the best patterns - love that goddess one.

    ReplyDelete