Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Greenman Embroidery, Crocheting and Roses too!

 February is flying by in a rush today is Saturday the 18th, one step out the front door and I know the air holds a chill 46 the daytime temps are expected to be low 70's,  ah winter in Florida. It's been a busy month on the 6th I celebrated with my son's for his 36th birthday, gee when did he get so old?
very Floridian Cake
On the 15th  my great niece Tessa turned 4 years old, she was happily surprised with a total bedroom makeover in top to bottom Minnie Mouse, her absolute favorite Disney character.

We had another day with gusty winds that toppled over the trash can and a few plants though luckily no real damage, odd a few weeks ago we had tornado strength winds and nothing toppled over, life is a mystery.

Early in the morning on the day before Valentine's Day my rose buds all began to open the next day

Valentine's Day morning I was given the gift of some beautiful blooms, they put on such a lovely show.
The hand embroidery on the Greenman is slowly progressing I need to raid my supplies for some new needles I've noticed the one's I'm currently using have grown a bit dull making it harder to poke the needle through the stitch and wash product I printed my pattern on.
Just off the crochet hook is a swiffer cover for my aunt who recently posted a photo of one and inquired if I could make one.  So I bought some Peaches and Creme cotton yarn and an "H" hook and began to stitch.
The end result came out quite nicely if I say so myself, I changed the stitch from the original pattern, I used the single crochet stitch. I'm not thrilled with the yarn at all I am going to have to wash it

before I  send it  because the dye was all over my hands while I was crocheting, I've never had that happen before though I know other people have experienced it.  I'll be making another one for my sister later today. I may wash and dry the yarn before I start the next one.  Here is a link to the pattern
http://onceuponbaby.blogspot.com/2012/04/crochet-swiffer-cover-pattern-and.html

Update February 19th:  stitching update on the Greenman hand embroidery, I will say I like the
sketch much more then the stitched piece, I sure hope I feel differently when I complete the embroidery.  I'm linking up to Kathy's Quilts today for some Slow Sunday Stitching, here's the link:
 https://kathysquilts.blogspot.ca/2017/02/slow-sunday-stitching_19.html

7 comments:

  1. What a great cake!

    Your rose is so pretty, do you know the name of it?

    The swiffer cover looks nice. Wow, the dye came off on your hands. That's NOT cool at all. Does the labeling mention that at all?

    Have a great weekend and I hope you are doing well ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses and neat idea for the swiffer cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I love that cake!!! I have never had dye from yarn on my hands. Wonder what will happen when the cover is washed? Yay Minnie Mouse. Bet that bedroom was a big hit. And blooming roses are a perfect Valentine gift from the Universe.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea to make a swiffer cover that can be reused!
    Enjoy your stitching today... don't worry about the outcome, I'm such you'll be happy with the finished project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Swiffer Cover beats all! Love the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How strange in that I was just reading about the Greenman in various cathedrals and chapels art today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to see roses on a rose bush in the winter. Too bad about the yarn dye rubbing off.

    ReplyDelete