Pages

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Showing my Orts for The first TUSAL of 2018

The chill weather continues here in Ocala with tonight's temps expected to drop to 22 degrees, these old bones are feeling the cold this week so the remedy for that is staying inside as much as I can and stitching a little, reading a bit and sipping hot tea.

Tonight is the new moon which brings out the Ort report for the 2018 Totally Useless Stitch Along or TUSAL hosted by It's Daffy Cat's blog if you are curious as to what the TUSAL is all about check out the link here:

Here are my orts so far for January 2018, not as many as I would have liked but enough to see I have been stitching.
Orts and thread catcher
orts jar

I'm getting better at using up most of the thread/floss on my needle, I noticed with my December orts I had quite a few longer pieces of thread most likely from finishing the color and pulling it out of the needle and dropping it in the thread catcher instead of just sticking the needle with thread in the pincushion, live and learn.

I think I mentioned I am taking part is Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST) this year and I'm also taking part in the Crazy Quilt Journal Project (CQJP) so I thought I might combined both and use the TAST stitching as some of the embellishment on the Crazy Quilt blocks.
buttonhole and running stitch
The first two stitches are the running stitch and the buttonhole stitch, I also have some lazy daisy a french knot and straight stitches in the mix.
Yesterday the 3rd stitch is the fly stitch so I made a bunch of different sizes to fill in the square. I will probably make a few fly stitches leaving a short tail too on another area of the block.
fly stitch
I made a little more progress on my little sunshine piece. I am using Anchor variegated floss throughout.
sunshine
It's Wednesday so here is what I'm reading another book for the Library Love reading challenge, Shirley Jackson's Let Me Tell You.
Here is the link if you are curious or are looking for a reading challenge for this year.  http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/12/sign-up-open-2018-library-love-challenge/

5 comments:

  1. You have a nice selection of orts. I try to use up as much of the thread as I can. Waste not want not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice ORT collection there, The bag for collecting them in is so cute. I wish our local library was bigger and better because then i would use it a lot more although now I have a Kindle I do try and borrow books from that library. Good luck with both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Nice ort collection. Great stitches for a Crazy Quilt. I'm also doing TAST. I'm also doing the library love reading challenge. 99% of my books come from our library. Have a great day!

    My Blog
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2018/01/embroidery-and-quilting.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ORTs! I really like your fabric ORT collector.

    ReplyDelete