Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Home again, home again, jiggety jig!

The month of April started out on the wrong foot with me in the hospital for a few days getting IV antibiotics for a horrendous colitis attack, honestly I never knew anything could be so painful as an infection in the intestines.
The first photo is the antibiotics hanging along with the IV fluids I was getting to recover dehydration. The second photo is the two plugs I had to pull out everytime I needed to use the restroom. My foot in the yellow non skid socks to keep me from falling on my butt.  I’m home now recovering, feel weak as a kitten and so tired but hopeful to be feeling my old self soon.


 
Right before I got sick I had just added a few new plants for my garden, herbs and green beans, lantana and milkweed for the butterflies, jasmine and native honeysuckle vines and 2 rose bushes and a hibiscus.





 
Well the day after I had the new plants arranged and waiting for transplant I had the colitis attack and was only able to water my plants and two days later I was in the hospital, meanwhile we were about to have a change in weather from upper 90’s to normal 70’s and finally a forecast of rain.  The rain did come however most of the large plants fell over in the wind so missed a good soaking from the rain.  Needless to say when I arrived home I was heart broken and didn’t take a photo of the near dead plants.
 
Happy to say after my son righted the plants and they were watered a few hours later most were looking good.  Two days ago I gave the herbs a good soaking and they look okay except the sage which may bounce back with a good trim.  The green beans have sprouted a few beans in a matter of days.


There was a stowaway on the Milkweed plant in the form of a caterpillar just looks like a dark shadow under the leaf it ate its way through the buds and leaves on the plant and decided to hide for a while.






This is the latest photo taken yesterday afternoon of the herbs a bit worse for wear but surviving. Greek oregano, chives, Italian oregano, basil, thyme.




No comments:

Post a Comment