Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Slow Stitching while waiting on Covid 19 test

Another Sunday of stitching for September, I'm making some progress on the Autumn piece I am working on, not much but some stitching makes for a good day.  

On Thursday my son texted to tell me he tested positive after having the Covid 19 test, last weekend after a day in Orland he was feeling very tired, had a low grade fever for a few days, since having a heart attack in March and just not  feeling  right he went for the test. Two days later the results came back positive.

I saw him the day before he went to Orlando, not to mention earlier in the week  as well as just about every other day since I have been ill. I am considered a high risk and now exposed so I went for the test yesterday, I should have the result in a day or two.  What surprised me is my son and his finance live in the same house and she tested negative, so I wonder how selective is this virus?  Both are breathing the same air, they don't wear face mask in the house yet one test positive and one negative.

I am of the mindset she is either immune to the virus or she may have had it and not known which is quite possible.  My son feels great except for the fatigue which is what sent him for the test in the first place he thought the fever was from a cold or start of the flu.  He has worn a face mask since the early days back in March so that could be a factor in having a mild case, research shows there are 8 strains of this virus. 

On another note no word from the surgeon yet about me having the gallbladder removed or more test needing to be done first, frankly it irritates the heck out of me when a doctor's office doesn't follow through with their call backs and now waiting on the covid 19 test results has me out of sorts, but hey tomorrow is another day.

In the meantime I signed up to take part in a few SAL I am doing the free table runner from Kathy Schmitz here:https://kathyschmitzstudio.blogspot.com/2020/09/snowdrift-table-runner-snowflake-8.html

And the new Jacquelynne Steves here:https://jacquelynnesteves.com/falala/

Forth Worth Fabric Studio is hosting this Halloween SAL starting September 28: https://fortworthfabricstudio.com/blogs/patterns/2020-just-say-boo-halloween-mystery-quilt?

This one started in August but you can still get earlier free patterns its runs through October 25th

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/spellboundmysterysewalong

 This SAL starts October 1 https://rowbyrowexperience.com/wooly-block-2/

Here is my progress on the Autumn piece, I have added in some DMC variegated floss for the leaves to give it a bit more color, I am even mixing a strand with the Valdani floss just to mix things up.


Here is the link for the free pattern I am using:http://blog.creativekismet.com/2011/11/04/give-thanks-free-embroidery-pattern/  

I'm linking to Kathy's Quilts: https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/09/slow-sunday-stitching_27.html 

6 comments:

  1. This covid thing is just weird in who gets it and who doesn't. I'm hoping you don't. Waiting on doctors is very frustrating. Love your embroidery project. Thanks for all the links, I'm going to check them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your test comes back negative! You are so right about who gets this virus and who doesn't. We are all a wee bit different Glad your son got tested so you know you may be at risk. Love your fall project and the leaves really add a lot to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching. Hope your son can recover quickly and your test comes back negative. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness me, I hope you son will have no complications with COVID and that your tests come back negative. Hopefully the surgeon will contact you very soon as to what needs to be done next....so annoying. Your Give Thanks stitchery is lovely. Gosh those leaves are fabulous. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, hugs and prayers for you dear Deborah. May you and your family be well, stay safe, and happy stitching. ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been keeping up with Kathy's snowflake runner SAL...it's so pretty! I also signed up for FaLaLa -- we're like-minded! I adore Kathy Schmitz and her stitcheries. Just the best! I hope your tests come back negative, and soon! I think everything is so off kilter right now. It's frustrating, isn't it? Your current stitchery is so sweet ... I love using variegated floss on leaves and the like! Cosmos Seasons is my favorite brand for this! Thanks for coming by my blog and your sweet comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete