Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2020

November's last Slow Sunday Stitching

 

Sunday, the last before December, is it my imagination or did this month just fly by? Maybe it’s just me but when I was a child the month of November seemed to drag on perhaps in anticipation of knowing that December brought the long winter break from school and endless hours of playing in the snow and Christmas.

I’m happy to say I finished the stitching on the other Autumn piece I was slowly working on, here are a few shots I took before I ironed it.




The bottom photo shows the piece after the stitch and wash away product was removed, the photo above it shows it still in place.  The photo below is the original piece which is beautiful but for me filling in the pumpkin, flowers, and leaves just isn't in my skill set.

I'm happy with the results and I think it complements my other Autumn piece quite nicely. For me I am just pleased to have them both done so now I can move forward and start something for winter.
I will be linking my post to Kathy's Quilts for the Slow Sunday Stitching here is the link take a look and see what other bloggers are stitching perhaps even link up what you are working on.
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/11/slow-sunday-stitching_29.html

Thanksgiving was a rather quiet gathering with me being sick most days my sister her, husband and little Tessa came by for dessert.  Not having much of an appetite I did not want to commit to going to dinner too many days I eat crackers and tea. It was easy to serve dessert and pack it up for them to take home. My sister did bring me turkey dinner including my beloved slice of can cranberry sauce. It was good to see them, I hadn't seen them since Tessa's birthday in February. Tessa who is nearly 8 has expressed an interest in learning to sew, crochet and embroider so hopefully I will be well enough to teach her soon.

Preparations for the Yuletide season will soon be underway nothing is rushed as decorations are added here and there as the days pass. Most years here in Florida it’s hard to tell whether Autumn actually arrived, this year though we had quite a few cool mornings when the comforter on the bed made for a toasty sleep. For the most part Winter comes upon us quite slowly and less noticeable than Autumn's arrival, so to get the feeling of winter Yuletide season decorations do help. More on that subject to come.

I will close my post with a photo posted by a friend on my Facebook page it brought a smile to my face. 





6 comments:

  1. I think your embroidery looks lovely! Sorry you haven't been feeling so good over thanksgiving hopefully you are now on the mend. Nice that your niece is inspired to have a go at sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are felling better. Your autumn embroidery is lovely, happy dance for you! I'll be looking forward to see what you will start for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitching, I love your projects~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your autumn embroidery is lovely; such pretty stitching. It seems the days do fly by faster as we age. As a child, I too remember waiting for the days to pass by quicker when waiting for Christmas, or my birthday. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet embroidery. My skill set wouldn't do the beautiful fully stitched picture justice either! I laughed at the Cooties saying, thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that you are still not feeling well. You had so much hope with the new doctor. I really like your Autumn embroidery. I am stealing that final Facebook post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete