Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Last Slow Stitching Sunday of 2020

 Well we made it through to the last Sunday of the year, which brings me to my last Slow Sunday Stitching post of 2020.  It's been a rough year for all of us and for many of us slow stitching helped keep us sane.  Each week whether I had something to post or not I would pop onto Kathy's Quilts to check out what Kathy and other bloggers were stitching.  Click the link and have a look for yourself, there are so many talented bloggers out there. https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/12/slow-sunday-stitching_27.html

I have completed the stitching of the little reindeer pattern I posted about last week, the pattern is from Hook Line & Tinker.  I used DMC 6 strand floss 820. This photo was taken before I washed off the Pellon Stick and Wash Away product.

On Christmas Eve I began stitching one in red, using DMC 6 strand floss 321, I finished stitching it some time on Christmas Day, and this one needed the stitch and wash product washed off as well but I wanted a photo first.  




I was actually thinking of doing another one in green floss but maybe next year.  I love the simplicity of the pattern and how it reminds me of folk art.  The designer of the pattern describes it as Inspired by the simplicity of Scandinavian design, this holiday reindeer pattern is perfect year-round.  I decided to use the stitch and wash product rather than trace it on the light box because I was just plain lazy and wanted to get stitching.  The blue one took me nearly a week to stitch, after not stitching for a while my fingers were quite sore after the first hour of stitching. 

I will be linking my post at Kathy's Quilts for the last Slow Sunday Stitching post of 2020, here is the link to https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2020/12/slow-sunday-stitching_27.html

I am sending a big thank you for stopping by and reading my blog and leaving a comment. Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, blue, red already so why not stitch a green one as well. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embroidery is a lovely design, so very pretty. A green one would be unique. Happy New Year and happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful the Scandinavian design of the reindeer is. Nice to have them in blue and red and a good idea to embroider one in green as well. I live in Norway which is one of the Scandinavian countries so this was very nice to see.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete