Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2021

May's First Slow Sunday Stitching

 The weather is sure heating up here in Florida, and even though it's spring weather wise we have moved into summer; the weather now will just stay hot and hotter as the days move forward with no real relief until mid to late October, for me it's the one drawback of living in Florida, as I grow older not having to deal with the cold weather and snow makes it bearable.

On April 22nd I saw the cardiologist to find out whether I need to be concerned with the blocked abdominal arteries, no fast answers as to whether they will affect my heart but I have a laundry list of test I will be having over the next 2 months and then my follow up appointment on my birthday in July.  On the 4th I have to go for routine bloodwork for my primary doctor, then in July I am set for the mammogram and a bone density test. 

In the meantime I am having a few more days when I nearly feel my old self, a few pain free days and if it wasn't for the constant nausea I would forget I was ever ill on those days, but that nausea is such a strong reminder.

Yesterday I finally made it outside to transplant some plants into larger pots I got a later start in the day then I had planned and sadly it's quite late in the season and I'm not very hopeful but the optimist in me has to try.


I have been getting in more time to stitch and made some progress on the March and April goddesses I am working on. This is the bottom of the Minoan Snake goddess I was working on for April, she is nearly completed but I haven't taken any other progress photos.
The March goddess is slowly coming to the end and I am finally liking the look of it, does anyone else kind plod along stitching when you find you don't care for the piece or maybe it's just me.
Anyway her facial features have been stitched and two hands are done, and that's about it. At the rate I am going on this one she may not be done till November. No I am making an effort to complete her in the next week or two.  Today is Sunday so I am linking my post to Kathy's  Quilts   https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/05/slow-sunday-stitching.html










3 comments:

  1. Warm weather has hit but we has not reached summer time temps here yet. I hope that your doctor's appointments and tests go well, Deb. I had never heard of an abdominal artery until my mom went to the doctor. She had been feeling very tired and nauseated. I am not sure if hers is blockage or what but they are keeping an eye on it. Hopefully you will get positive answers soon. Your embroidery work is so pretty. I am the same way; sometimes I just piddle along on a project - in no hurry whatsoever. Have a very lovely week and you are in my prayers. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the tests have some good news for you.
    One thing that works for me with a piece I am weary of is to stitch one length of thread per day. Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray you have many more days of feeling like your old self! Totally understand that! Yes, I've had times when I just "plod" through a project just to finish it. Good for you being optimistic about your garden! I truly believe the plants feel our emotions....do I sound silly? :)

    ReplyDelete