Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Autumn is Coming and a New Goddess is being stitched on Slow Sunday Stitching

 Autumn is fast approaching though one look outside and you would swear it was mid-summer.  The weather has been so hot and humid this month. This year the Autumn Equinox 2021 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 3:20 PM on Wednesday, September 22, I look forward to autumn every year and this year is no different even though it's hard to tell when summer ends and fall begins living in Florida, I know it in my bones.  

After the autumnal equinox, the Sun begins to rise later and nightfall comes sooner. This ends with the Winter Solstice, when days start to grow longer and nights shorter.I have noticed this for several weeks now though this week it seems darkness falls faster.

This year, the Harvest Moon happens on Monday, September 20 two days before the autumnal equinox. I love looking up at the moon, I long for the days when the evenings will be cooler and the air just a bit crisp in the early mornings, this usually doesn't happen until mid to late October. 

I am still working on a few of the goddesses for my goddess of the month hand embroidery project.  For September I chose the Hindu goddess Kali, she is a multi armed goddess with images of her ranging from 4 arms to 10 arms.

For my Kali design I chose 6 arms.  She is most often seen with blue skin so I am using DMC 6 strand cotton floss in 995. 




I started working on Kali beginning with the arms right after I finished the stitching the August goddess Ariadne,  I will post a photo of once I removed the stitch and wash product off. 

I am still working on the July goddess Isis, which should be completed in a few days. I didn't expect the wings to take so long. The photo below shows the wing incomplete, when the photo was taken it is now complete and the other side is nearly done. 


I hope to have this completed this week and then I will remove the stitch and wash product from this one and the August piece. I am linking my post at Kathy's Quilts https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/09/slow-sunday-stitching_01996286990.html

In the meantime, I am still going to Cardiac rehab 3 days a week, most days are good but some days I am just wiped out after and I am too tired to pick up my needle to stitch.  Last Friday seemed good and I increased my workout and went home feeling great until the evening when my feet started to howl in pain.  I don't know what happened though I think increasing the resistance and my time was a bit too much for me and by bedtime my feet and legs were twitching.  My legs still ache a bit, the twitching is gone and my feet feel fine.

 

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about the equinox... I forgot it was coming so soon! Enjoy the new goddess... she looks like a fierce warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's definitely an autumnal feeling here too. We were out in the garden at dusk this week and saw a bat flying over our heads!
    Love your Goddesses, the wings on Isis look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had problems after your workout. Sometimes when we feel good, we have to rein ourselves in so we do t over do it. But, you already know this. I’m sure it’ll be different next time. You are strong.

    ReplyDelete