Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching and Spools of Floss.

 The hand embroidery for the November goddess of the month is complete, she has been washed and dried but still needs to be ironed.

I love how she turned out and the expression on her face is just perfect for Baba Yaga.  I need to choose which goddess will be for December.  

About two weeks ago while scrolling through one of the hand embroidery Facebook Groups I found out that Anchor embroidery Floss was available on spools and was being sold at Joann Fabrics so you know I had to make a trip over to my local store to see if it was available, it was so I happily chose 20 spools.
These are 6 strand floss with 10.9 yards of floss selling for .75 cents per spool. Well this weekend Joann's is having the Doorbuster sale and the spools are on sale at 5 spools for $2.00 or .40 cents each  so off I went to Joann's first thing this morning and bought 55 more spools.

I originally tried to buy them online Friday night however you have to buy a minimum of 2 of each color you choose which I didn't want.  Now you might think ugh plastic spools, and them eventually in the landfill but I use empty spools for other crafting projects and haven't thrown away an empty spool in years.

I also picked up another skein of Lion Brands Skin Tone yarn for a project I have in the making.  



I bought the color in Cedarwood, below are all 12 colors in the collection, they are on sale at Joanns too.
I'm linking my post today at Kathy's Quilts https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/11/slow-sunday-stitching_0702395746.html



7 comments:

  1. I would love to know how you use the spools in other projects. I don't like putting plastic in the landfills either. I love the flosses that you bought as well as the yarn. Baba Yaga is quite an interesting piece. I like your floss choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that embroidery floss, but it sounds like you really like it. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that makes more sense than in skeins, Mine always seem to get snagged up, and unfortunately I am sometimes too lazy to wind around the floss savers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of the "goddess of the month" embroidery project - but I love Baba Gaga! She reminds me of my Grandmother when we were being mischievous! I'm off to peruse your blog to learn more about your project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baba Yaga looks perfect! I've got some Anchor skeins, they are more common in the UK. The colours seems a little softer than DMC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby Yaga's expression is fabulous! Love all those pretty shades of spools of floss; they look like jewels all bundled together.

    ReplyDelete