Pages

Monday, May 16, 2022

Mid-May: Here's What I Have Been Doing

 Mid-May, a Full Flower Moon and fairly nice weather has been with  us for a little over a week and just starting to build the humidity with the evening rain.

On Mother's Day my son, daughter in law and I took a lovely hike to the Marjorie Harris Carr land bridge, which crosses over Interstate 75 located here in Ocala.

The weather was perfect with lots of sunshine and a breeze all along the walk, though it was hot the breeze made it pleasant.  There are lots of wild flowers and wild berries along the path.





The landbridge begins with a stone wall, then has the iron bars to get a view of the cars along I-75



We didn't see any bears along the walk which was good cause I don't think I can outrun a bear at this stage of my life.

We did see a number of emergency markings along the way, quite a few cyclist were on the paved path.

On out way back we saw a few gopher turtles going about their business in different areas of the park





To end the day we stopped at Ms. Steve's for ice cream, I had a root bear float, much needed after the walk my water was almost gone and the sugar helped.

I also received some lovely flowers and a sweet Mother's Day card, I love Snoopy and the pop up card was perfect.



A few days later the first Lily opened 

This weekend I was finally in the mood to pick up my hand embroidery and get some stitches in on my Moon Flow piece from Cozy Blue.

The moon phases are just about done, I will be glad to have this completed. I think this is the longest I have gone with a not in the mood to stitch mood.  I've learned when I get that vibe if I do ignore it I wind up ripping out all of the not quite right stitching.  These moods don't hit me often but when the do it's quite frustrating.  I love hand embroidering and usually the project I am working on but I think my mind gets clogged with too many other things and I can't concentrate on the task at hand.  It happens with other crafts and reading too. 

I purchased two lovely tin signs by Cheryl Baker recently, I love her art work and I love dragonflies so these were I have to have them moment.


Yesterday I picked up the Greenman embroidery and put a few more stitches in him and plan to work on him later today.

I am linking at Kathy's Quilts https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2022/05/slow-sunday-stitching_0132310321.html




 






No comments:

Post a Comment