Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May comes to an end.

 The Memorial Day weekend has passed with lovely dry weather and temps in the low 80's a rare thing here in north central Florida, a true late spring day.

On Memorial Day I began stitching a new goddess hand embroidery, The Morrigan, I forgot to stitch her fingers so those need to be done before I continue on where I left off. The Dress is done in DMC 820 it's a deep blue, Flesh is DMC 437, Hair is being done in DMC 310. She is being stitched on 100% cotton white on white spiral print fabric.




I haven't done a goddess hand embroidery since January 2022, when I did the 3 Fates, which I stitched 

in shades of pink.  I'm not sure I posted the finished goddess pieces I did in 2021 for my goddess a month challenge.
Above: January Basic goddess with knotwork, February the Cailleach, and March Hecate is a Urban Threads pattern because I didn't like mine.
Above: April Willendorf on Labyrinth, May Minoan Snake Goddess, June Yemaya
Above: July, Isis, August Kali, September Ariadne
Above: October Elen of the Ways, November Baba Yaga, December Airmid

My newest Greenman I started a year ago is finally progressing and I actually moved the hoop.
On the way back from my doctor's appointment today I stopped by the library to pick up a book I had reserved. When I first saw it in my Facebook Feed the cover and title caught my eye and I was just going to buy it when I decided to check the library. 
The inside jacket cover if you are wondering what it's about.
I rad the first chapter and look forward to continuing on this evening.







1 comment: