Pages

Monday, October 7, 2024

Waiting on Hurricane Milton

 Well it looks like this next hurricane is going right across Florida and there is no way we aren't going to get more than just a little rain.  I have a feeling more trees will fall.  My neighbors tree fell over my fence into my yard during Hurricane Helene.

It was no surprise since it was half dead which I noticed when we had one of our trees cut down that was hanging over another of my neighbors yard, the tree was half dead so it made sense to cut it down.

I am well stocked with water, batteries and cat food and litter, a full tank of gas and some cash on hand just in case.  I'm not surprised by this storm, it's been a few years since we had a large hurricane blow directly over us. Tomorrow I will take down the bird feeders and wind chimes, and have my son move the few planters to a more secure place.  

With the A-Fib (atrial fibrillation) I am so tired most of the time that small tasks exhaust me. The other day I had to stop in the middle of grocery shopping, check out so I could get home to lie down.  Walking down to the corner and back, some days twice is about all I can handle right now.  I miss my daily 2 mile walks so much.

On a more positive note yesterday I stitched 4 of the 12 hexagon blocks on the Kathy Schmitz Fright Night table mat.

I have to gather some autumn fabrics for a few slow stitching projects I want to get started on.  Despite the rain we had all day yesterday and today stitching keeps me calm and creative. With out a needle and thread I think I would lose my mind.

If you are in Florida, Stay Safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment