Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Potting Shed block stitching is complete

The hand embroidery for block #1 of Hocuspocusville quilt, the Potting Shed is complete. I decided
The Potting Shed, block one
to use all black emboridery floss according to the pattern for this quilt, the next time around though I will use more colors like the blocks below, this one adds just a small bit of orange.
Here is a link for the website where you can view more of the photos for the quilt
This block uses a few more colors and metallic thread for the spiderweb which I debated for a few days.

Eventually I will make another as I planned using more floss colors, for me stitching with just the black floss means I have to have another project to work on when I need a change of thread color, pretty much what I did when stitching the greenman, so I am tracing a few small projects for this purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it gets boring just using one color or even one stitch for an entire project.