Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

A day at the Medieval Faire

Here are a few photos from the Lady of the Lakes Medieval Faire I attended today. 
Royal Court
Village Ladies
The Queen and ladies in waiting
The Queen and her court attending the SCA sword exhibition. Love the lady on the left she appears to be nodding off, perhaps her tea is laced with a bit of mead.
Knights battle with long swords
Squire vs Knight
Jousting Knight
This is the first time I attended this Faire held in Tavares which is about an hour from where I live, it was a nice size event, the sun was shining and the November heat wave continued on.  

I enjoyed visiting the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) area thought I didn't snap any photos as I was too busy watching the blacksmith forge a few hooks and conversing with a woman at the kitchen area, they had just finished making cheese and butter.  

This is my favorite of the photos I snapped today a village woman
doing some hand embroidery, she was working the buttonhole stitch along the edge of the fabric.

Yesterday I attended the Pirate Gathering in St. Augustine but I forgot to grab the camera so no photos.  

Next weekend I'll be attending the Sarasota Renaissance Faire and I am hoping for cooler temperatures.


1 comment:

  1. Oh this looks like it would be so much fun! I can only imagine how much you must have enjoyed it...I'd have had a blast.

    ReplyDelete