Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Slow Sundays are all about stitching

It's been a crazy week and its nice to finally settle in for some slow hand stitching. This past week and a half my car has been in the shop twice for major repair work so much for purchasing a newer car thinking it wouldn't need major repair work for some time to come, boy was I ever wrong.  My thinking was any repairs would really be regualr upkeep and less costly, again was I ever wrong. My mechanic told me what happens is luxury automobiles are made to last at least to the 100,000 mile mark and most owners trade in the car right before and you guess it I bought the car at a great price back in August and it has been in the shop every other month since October and only once was it for upkeep the oil change.

So today after all the aggravation and dollars spent I need some time in my garden and my slow stitching to bring me back to balance and calm.
This is a Canna Lily in the most stunning orange color I have seen in a long time, trust me my photo does not do her justice.  The heavy rains we had this week were quite beneficial for all those plants newly transplanted into the larger pots.
Here is one of the many Mexican Petunias with her lovely lavender color flowers opening for the day.
and here is the progress I have made on block seven of the Hocuspocusville Quilt, its been a busy week so not much has been done but I plan to remedy that today.
first tree block 7

I will be linking my post to Kathy's Quilts for Slow SUnday Stitching come on over ans see what other bloggers are hand stitching today.
 https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2016/05/slow-sunday-stitching_22.html

6 comments:

  1. Oh, car repairs are no fun at all and always very costly. :( Glad there were some blooms to brighten your days. Love your Hocusposcusville quilt block and always look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do hope you have lots of time for relaxation and stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you, your car troubles sound horrendous! I hope you can chill out and sew always good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are having troubles with the car. I know how upsetting it can be.
    I am glad you are slow stitching. Hope it helped to settle you some.
    Kathleen Mary
    I blog at https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your car troubles! Your flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are so pretty! Cars ... can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Hope your woes are behind you soon. And I hope your stitching day was a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete