|block 9 before stitching|
|block 8 completed|
1. I don't have to find space in the bookcase when I am done reading. I don't what to buy another bookcase.
2. Many of the books I want to read don't come in large print and many books have such small print or very light type that even with my strongest glasses I can't see the words or I strain to see it so I don't read the book.
3. I can enlarge the font on the reader so reason number two won't be an issue.
4. I read quite a few series novels which I usually check out from our library or buy used because frankly spending $7.99 or more for a paperback doesn't sit well with me, I know I won't read it again and if it doesn't make it past my 50 pages or first 3 chapters rule I have wasted what I spent because I won't continue to read the book. And also reason two is a common drawback of some paperback books.
5. I can borrow e-books through my library too.
6. I can take any size book with me easily and holding it won't be such a strain on the hands and wrist.
7. Having the e-reader on the tablet means I don't have to purchase a separate device. I have installed Kindle and Nook was installed.
The drawbacks are few:
1. No physical book with pages to turn or the scent of old or new pages.
2. Those pesky fingerprints when I use the touchscreen. (this will drive me a little batty).
I like how lightweight the device is, it has a front and back camera that I need to master because I keep taking photos of my forehead. I need to master the correct amount of pressure for the touchscreen my touch is too light and my swipe method is lacking. (It's the mail reason I never use my cell phone).
Here is the quilt top for a small quilt I am making for someone special, it is the same pattern I made a while back using the leftover fabric. I bought way too much but I actually made 5 baby quilts.
Here is a closer look at one of the pinwheel blocks, the fabric for the backing will be fabric with the tiny white flowers on lavender.
Well let me get this posted today I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts today for Slow Sunday Stitching
I am joining the linky party at Super Mom No Cape here:http://www.supermomnocape.com/2016/08/22/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-72/