Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

First Slow Sunday Stitching for October

A new month has begun and the first slow Sunday stitching for October is upon us.  New projects have pushed older projects back a little bit but not totally forgotten.  I love October the weather here in my area of Florida begins to change just enough to take notice.  The mornings are cooler which makes pulling weeds and other outdoor tasks much more enjoyable so I spend more time in the morning outside.  Nightfall comes earlier each evening which makes more time to settle down with needle in hand to stitch the night away.

We have the stirrings of hurricane Matthew in the air which means sticky, humid days with lots of rain which in turn keeps me off the road and happily stitching away on one project or another and reading when the fingers are too sore to pull the needle through one more stitch.

Here is my progress so far on the hand embroidered hexie blocks for the Christmas tree skirt class I'm taking. These are the six word piecesI have embroidered so far.
six words done
I'm midway through the other six hexie blocks and I am putting a personal touch to them by changing the motifs a little. The original design in Gail Pan's book Christmas Patchwork Loves Embroidery is a lovely pattern. Here are the blocks from the book we are to make 3 stars and 3 gift blocks I plan to change the little designs on the gift and star blocks.



I just want to pesonalize the blocks maybe add a few beads or metallic thread, I have a few ideas and I always did march to a different drummer.  I will be linking up today at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.ca/2016/10/slow-sunday-stitching-link-up.html

As I mentioned early in my post some older projects have been pushed aside, but not forgotten, the hand emboridery on block 10 is coming along in fact I had to pull my needle aside to snap this photo
block 10
I will work on this later in the afternoon, by the way this is the block that made me decide to buy the pattern to make the Hocuspocusville Quilt.  While searching patterns by Crab Applehill studios this one block came up the most when viewing images. I just loved the clothesline, the steaming cauldron, the cat and all those items hanging on the line to dry.  It was such a whimsical block I had to have it. I will link up Monday at Supermom No Cape
http://www.supermomnocape.com/2016/10/03/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-78/


4 comments:

  1. I just love the embroidered hexies ! And here's hoping that Matthew does not bring any troubles. Enjoy your stitching today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the embroidered hexies ! And here's hoping that Matthew does not bring any troubles. Enjoy your stitching today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Halloween project and a Christmas project... both are so fun!
    Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing those much faster than I did the six for Jenny's wreath!

    ReplyDelete