Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Update on March Hare stitching

Here's the stitching update for the spring piece I am working on, it is March Hares done in pastel colors for spring. I am using a piece of linen from an old dress my friend Jeanne sent me, when I saw the fabric I knew I wanted to embroidered a piece of it with my mind made up I pressed the cloth and cut off a generous piece.  The pattern is printed out on Pellon's Stitch and Wash Away which measure 8x11". 
Left side knot work

Center bottom eggs and knot work

right side knot work

Now on to stitch the Hares and moon.  I will link up today over at Supermom No Cape where other bloggers from all over post what they are hand embroidering stop in and have a look, be inspired and pick up a free vintage pattern.https://www.supermomnocape.com/category/stitchery-link-party/

9 comments:

  1. Looking great! What a fun springtime design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, a great Easter design. What will the end product be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am either going to frame it or maybe a pillow.

      Delete
  3. Deb: This is a beauty of a design.
    Thank-you for sharing with us.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely. it's been a while since i stitched a rabbit. tis the season tho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is my first one to stitch, it is a request so I gave it a shot.

      Delete
  5. I may need to try the Pellon Stitch and Wash Away. I have the Sulky brand and I find it difficult to stitch through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Beautiful piece, love all the spring colors. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete