Pages

Friday, May 11, 2018

Greenman Stitched

I finished the hand embroidery on the newest Greenman piece a few days ago, the pattern is by Urban Threads.
I am pleased how he turned out.  He is worked on cotton muslin fabric using 3 strands of DMC floss, the main color is 890, the secondary colors are 987 and 986, his eyes were done using DMC variegated floss 111, I was going for amber eyes and I think I got it right.  He measures 8x8 inches now I need to find a frame for him.

Thursday I drove over to Brick City Cross Stitch for some new colors for an upcoming project.  I don't need more floss but for some reason I found myself wanting to used over dyed floss so off I went. I picked up some Weeks Dye Works and The Gentle Arts floss.
It's the 7 colors of green in the center, all of them named after herbs which I plan to use for for one or two projects.  I am drafting my pattern for the next stitch at home challenge which I posted on my blog on May 1st.  The other pattern I have completed and now I'm just deciding on my fabric choice. Both are going to be using green floss.  Those two floss colors to the left are just colors that appealed to me, absinthe is the bright green and amber is next to it, both are Weeks Dye Works so I will do a run/bleed test before I stitch with them, some over dyed flosses have been known to run when wet.  The 3 colors to the right are DMC variegated skeins to replace what I used up. 

5 comments: