Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Another Reading Challenge and A bit of Stitching

 I'm trying to get my ducks in a row but some how I seem to have a wayward herd of goats going willy nilly.  After being sick for months I feel so disconnected from my life and the world around me.  I don't remember ever being so disorganized.  

I have another reading challenge I've joined, it's one I was searching for and finally found,  it's the 

2021 Cruzin through the Cozies Reading Challenge, here's the link if you are interested

https://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2020/11/cruisin-thru-cozies-reading-challenge.html

I read quite a few cozy mysteries so I thought why not join up this gives me a chance to find other cozy mysteries I don't know.  The first book for this Challenge is by Bailey Cates Charms and Chocolate Chips, I love cozy mystery for pure escape especially when I read a gruesome mystery or when I need to relax and picking up needle and thread isn't working for me.

 

Speaking of needle and thread one of the next projects I'm going to be working on today is in the Q-snap frame and ready for my to decide what color to start with.  Here is a little peek at what I'll be hand embroidering starting today. I'll be linking to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching today 

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/01/slow-sunday-stitching-my-oldest-ufo.html

I am planning the February goddess for next month I have 3 designs in mind, one is the Cailleach, one is Airmid and the other is Cerridwen all 3 are Celtic goddesses oh and I've been playing around with a Kali but I keep messing up the extra arms, I've seen photos of her with 6, and 8 and sometimes 10 arms, so who knows.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're getting reorganized and having a new project in the hoop is always a good sign! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! I read quite a few cozy mysteries too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you have been ill. I am glad that you are getting back to reading and stitching. I like a cozy mystery too. I just finished a somewhat gory one and don't want to go back there. Enjoy your reading and pretty stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining the Crusin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge. I hope you have fun and read many great cozy mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got one or two cozy mysteries series that I read as the books come out. Enjoy this month's selection. Enjoy your new stitching project.

    ReplyDelete