Pages

Friday, January 15, 2021

First Book for Reading Challenges

 The first book I chose for one of the 2021 reading challenges I join actually will be the first book for two Challenges.

I have three of the Peter May books sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, I didn't start reading it because the first one I had was Lewis Man and I wanted to read the books in order and by the time I remembered I had the books not only had my TBR shelf, yeah it's no longer a pile, I was reading other books, many other books as it goes with many avid readers.

So this book will be the first for two challenges, European Reading Challenge 2021 and TBR 21 in '21  which is simply read 21 books in your to be read pile/shelf or in my case shelves. Does any one else keep a spread sheet on books read, books to read, authors to read well the list goes on. I have been keeping a spread sheet for more then 10 years mainly to keep track of books I have read. 

Life is short and I don't want to spend it reading the same book several years from now, I know I will never read all the books I want in my lifetime but I will give it my best shot.  There are very few books I have read more than once by choice.  And I still follow my if I'm not interest 50 pages or 3 chapters in don't keep reading it, log it on the spread sheet noting the page or chapter I felt the book wasn't for me. 

I chose the Black House because I like a mystery and it takes place in Scotland which qualifies it for the European challenge.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment