Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

First TUSAL Report for 2015

It's January 20th which means it is time for the New Moon TUSAL ort report, here is the photo of my January Orts jar, as you can see I have been stitching quite a bit, or just wasting lots of embroidery floss and sewing thread.
Here are a few of the things I have been working on since January 1st. in no particular order.
I have finished piecing my crazy quilt block and have just begun to add the embellishments, many of the threads in the jar came from this piece, not only did I move around a few pieces to get better placement, those beautiful butterfly and dragonfly pieces fray terribly.  On a whole I am happy with the outcome, though I didn't care for the random piecing method until I received some wonderful tips from a facebook group I joined, which is work clockwise from the center piece out. The next time I do a crazy quilt block I'm going to try the flip and sew method.

The Celtic Knot piece was completed on New Year's Day and I do like the look using the green printed fabric.
These are the first and second week stitches I'm doing with the Facebook stitch a long at Joyful Embellishments.
week one

week two
I am truly enjoying the challenge of learning these embroidery stitches, for January we are doing variations of the feather stitch, which is quickly becoming a favorite of mine in all its guises. One or more will be the first stitches I use on my crazy quilt block.

The last item to add bits of thread to the jar is my Greenman which I began stitching at last Thursday at the Thread Therapy group.
While looking at the photo I may go another way so don't be surprised if the green thread is in the jar for next months Ort report. Not sure what an ort or a TUSAL is follow the link below and read all about it.
http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-totally-useless-stitch-long-2015.html


No comments:

Post a Comment