Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

April TUSAL Orts Report

Wow another New Moon which means its time for me to post my Orts for the April TUSAL, what is a TUSAL=Totally Useless Stitch A Long what more information follow the like to Daffycat's site and you can find out what its all about and join too if you would like.
http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-totally-useless-stitch-long-2015.html

Orts Jar
orts
The Orts for this  month come mainly from the Greenman #2 hand embroidery piece.  Yesterday I was able to put in some quality stitching time.
The top half of the Greenman's leaves are completely stitched and today I plan to start on the bottom half.  The photo doesn't do justice to the piece it is quite stunning up close.

More ort threads to be sorted for longer pieces I will still use the others will be tossed in my Orts jar
which I need to tamp down which I will do when this piece is completed. The lone blue yarn piece
is from the shawl I am crocheting which I work on when my fingers are too sore to hold onto the needle.
The shawl has reached thirty four inches in width and still growing, I am pleased with the results and I like the simple pattern stitch.
Well that's all for this month's TUSAL. I am off to an Arts and Crafts festival.
Happy Stitching

1 comment:

  1. What do you plan to do with your orts? I've seen some neat little bowls made by ladies.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete