Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

May New Moon Tusal Report

Time flies by so quickly, it seems like only yesterday I was posting the April Orts report and here I am posting May's Ort report.

May orts
I have to say taking part in the Totally Useless Stitch Along aka TUSAL has motivated me to stitch a variety or projects and it has fed my thread obsession, just a bit.

Here is what I have been working on since my last Ort Report,
greenman #2
The Greenman #2 hand embroidery piece is stitched and I have one more corner Celtic knot to finish.
I have to say stitching this piece has been a labor of love and the photo does not capture how truly beautiful it is.
Just off my crochet hook is a second amulet bag this one in green. I used the same pattern as the blue

one I made, same weight crochet thread and same steel hook size 6 yet there is a slight difference in
the size which I attribute to the stitches on the blue being loose which often happens when I work a pattern for the first time, more so when I use such a tiny hook and thread, stitching the green bag I was much more comfortable with the hook and thread.

One thing I should have done was crochet the second bag in any color but green, after weeks of stitching the greenman I wanted a break from the color green, which I will get when I begin some of the new pattens I bought.

A few new patterns arrived in the mail last week which I should be posting ort reports on in the next few months, two are from one of my favorite design studios, Crab-apple Hill.
poppy project bag
sunflower stitchery folder
And two patterns from Bird Brain Designs, I made sure to purchase the floss kits and perle cotton balls along with the patterns to save time hunting down the colors I need.

 My growing obsession for Crab-apple Hill patterns began with Hocuspocusville which I plan to have on my light box this week. I would love to make 2 of each block, one in all black as shown on the
pattern, and one in bright colors, this will depend on the time it takes to trace each pattern so I may only do one set for now, when I purchased the pattern a few years ago I also bought the fabric and the floss so I am all set to stitch once I get the patterns traced onto the fabric.  I plan to trace all the patterns first then start stitching, and I'm planning a Greenman #3.

If everything goes as schedule this week on Thursday I will attend another hand embroidry class which will focus on fill-in stitches. I may use one of the motifs from this pattern set.


Well that's my TUSAL report for May, not sure what an ort report is all about click on the link to Daffy Cat's blog and read all about it.
http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-totally-useless-stitch-long-2015.html

2 comments:

  1. Your ORT pile is looking good. Love the variety of projects you're working on and your stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! I'm loving the Hocuspocusville as well!

    ReplyDelete