Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Fresh Flowers and Stitching a Labyrinth

A week after Hurricane Irma passed through we are keeping our eyes on hurricane Maria. Today was a lovely day full of sunshine after a cool morning that made taking my morning walk quite pleasant after a week hot sticky weather.

You can feel Fall approaching in subtle ways, the bright greens of summer begin to fade taking on an almost washed out look.  To help usher in the start of Autumn later this week I bought some fresh flowers from Publix to brighten my day.
I bought Sunflowers, yellow Chrysanthemums and red Roses, its like having a bouquet of sunshine on my table and those Chrysanthemums smell wonderful.

Yesterday I did a bit of hand embroidery but not on the Aine Sashiko project I thought I was going to be working on, I decided to work on a small Labyrinth pattern I am making for a friend.
She had admired one of my Labyrinth pieces a while back so I thought I would make her one for her birthday.  Speaking of birthday, there is a lovely vintage Happy Birthday pattern offered free over at Super Mom No Cape where I'll be linking this post, why don't you click the link here and take a look at what other bloggers are working on today. http://www.supermomnocape.com/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-128/

No comments:

Post a Comment