Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

A little stitching

It has been a crazy busy week that this little ditty sums up just about how I feel right about now.
The temps here in north central Florida dropped to 29 degrees last night this morning I woke about 4:45 with now power brrrr was it cold, I think because we had two days of rain and cloudy skies it felt even colder.  So half asleep I called the electric company to report the outage, luckily someone reported it 45 minutes before I. 
This is just about what I felt when my bare feet hit the cold ceramic floors, I'm still chilled to my bones.  After making the report I went back to bed hoping to get at least another hour of sleep, at least it was warm under my bed quilts, around 6:20 the furnace kicked on I knew power was restored.  Since sleep was eluding me I put on some hot water for cocoa and began to print shipping labels.

I did manage to finally have time last night to put in a few stitches in the greenman project, and I mean just a few.
I also managed to get a haircut yesterday, I had to reschedule my appointment in November during my bout with the flu and then I had an appointment on the 6th but had to cancel due to check up at doctor's running over, I was so relieved yesterday cause I was just about ready to shave my head, it drives me crazy when my hair gets in my eyes to the point of irritation.

On the way back I stopped a local thrift shop and found another great bargain a whole package of Sulky 20 spools of cotton thread still sealed in the package for $2.00.
I'm sure I will put them to good use I love the pastel colors.  This week will be another busy week so I don't think I will get much stitching done but I'll make time where I can.  For today I am posting over at Kathy's Quilt https://kathysquilts.blogspot.ca/2017/12/slow-sunday-stitching_10.html .

4 comments:

  1. The weather is just crazy across the whole USA right now. Great thrift store find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got lots of snow in the uk right now, but not by the coast where I live! What a great find at the charity shop! Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a light dusting of snow but cold temperatures here in Ontario, Canada. What a great thrift store find...kudos and yes, you'll put them to great use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb: Not much snow here in Minnesota which is unusual, Sulky threads for 2.00 dollars you scored big, you are so lucky.
    I am in love with the Greenman, he is fantastic.
    I hope you get warmer weather in Florida, I would hate top see the orange crops fail, I love oranges.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete