Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

The End of Days Uh August

Well I have to say this month has kicked my butt big time and it's showing no signs of letting up.  I know we all experience these when it rains it pours moments in our lives and this month I'm having one. 
Just when I thought things were turning around that dark cloud found me again, so I am pulling out my trusty sword and paused to do battle this time it's computer crashing time.  The continuous mystery of my car's problem, and lightning striking much of the essential electronics in my household not to mention the one going mystery of my son's car problems a computer crash just wasn't on the list of things to do this month. Rant over.
the dreaded message
Aside from all that aggravation I have managed to get some Slow Stitching in this week on the Greenwoman #2 piece.
I should have snapped another photo I started on the second eye last night so I am much farther on this piece.  I will link up to Kathy's Quilts today for some Slow Sunday Stitching here: https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2018/08/slow-sunday-stitching_26.html

I am also making crochet progress on the afghan for my sister, I am working a simple granny square using Mandala yarn by Lion Brand this is Spirit colorway, so far just two cakes have been used.
I have 6 cakes of this yarn which should give me a nice size afghan once it's done, the one I made for my little great niece was made with 4 cakes and the finished size is 60 inches square.  I am also working on an afghan using the shell stitch in Mandala yarn Wishing Well colorway for a beachy look.
It's funny I had forgotten how easy this stitch works up, its one of my favorite crochet stitches, speaking of crochet this week I picked up a two of Betty Hechtman's crochet mysteries and two of her yarn retreat mystery books.
These should just about bring me up to date on her books until the newest books come out in paperback.  So in between stitching I have some light reading to keep me busy and entertained for a while.

4 comments:

  1. You embroider such interesting nature folk! What are you going to do with them? I also admire your crocheting! I have not completed anything in years. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, if it's not one thing it's another. Hope you get your computer fixed without losing anything.

    I'm working on several different granny lapghans in different colors. Some ombre, some solid with metallic thread, and some solid colors in gradient colors of same color family. They really are a joy to make.

    Your two creations are lovly.

    I'm going to see if the library has Betty Hechtman Crochet series, they sound right up my ally. :-)

    Hope this coming week is a better one for you.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your computer will be fixed soon. So many great project! Lovely embroidery. and also the afghan and crocheting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the end of August was also the end of the dratted problems. Yes, we all have those times, but it's really annoying when it's my turn! So I hope your turn is over.

    ReplyDelete