Pages

Friday, March 29, 2024

Garden surprises, slow stitching a goddess and a wonderful book to end off March

The flowers on the Milkweed are nearly devoured by very hungry caterpillars. I was hoping to get caterpillars this year and I was not disappointed. 




I finally have the name for the little purple wildflower its a lyre-leaf sage.

The Lantana along the driveway is doing quite well after the rains we had this week. It sprouted out a few weeks ago where the Holly tree used to be. I'm going to cut a piece to see if I can root it and plant some in another area. I would love to have some along the fence. 




I finished week 13 piece for the K3n.clothtales SAL it is a Friendship Star. I was reminded how much I love hand piecing.

I am working on another slow stitched Goddess this one in shades of purple fabrics



She is almost ready to be cut out along her template lines so I can put her on a backing fabric to continue working.




The Spring goddess is waiting for me to decide how I want to continue with the piece.  I'm so glad I ventured into slow stitching in this way. I feel more creative with each piece I make.


The Untamed Thread by Fleur Woods arrived a few days ago while I only had time to browse through the pages I will be taking the time to read over the weekend.  



The full color photos are breathtaking to say the least, the fiber art among the pages are so beautiful I ache to run my hands over them.


If you were thinking of buying a copy and haven't taken the plunge yet do it you will be so glad you did. It's a great addition to your fiber art and needlework library.

If you aren't familiar with Fleur Woods her Instagram and Website links are below:

https://www.instagram.com/fleurwoodsart/?hl=en

https://www.fleurwoodsart.com/

A quick update, about 5 hours after I snapped the photos of the caterpillars I found them starting to spin a cocoon.

Nature is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment