Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Marching Along With Some Slow Sunday Stitching

Here we are on the 1st Sunday in March so I'm going to post a few stitching projects I have in mind for the month and beyond.

I purchased this cute little wool applique kit from Through the Needle's Eye.  It includes everything

you need to complete the 3 Potstickers plus the bonus egg pattern below.  Also, a package of sunflower seeds which I will start this week.


Yesterday I began to craft a new Goddess piece this time using the slow stitch approach, much like the way I made the K3n.clothtales week 7 heart.
I chose the green template for my first piece, traced it onto a piece of muslin fabric, loaded my needles with random pieces of floss too long for my Orts jar.
I always save the longer threads from my stitches in a little bag so when I am making a little stitchery I can pull pieces from it.
I began stitching random bits of  mostly floral scrap fabrics onto the base of the goddess, moving them about until I liked the direction they were going.
Then midway through, I switched the direction of the scraps.
                                                         
I changed the way I placed the scraps again and then proceeded up her arms.  I just need to do the head.

Once all the fabric scraps are placed I will start some random stitching and add in some hand embroidery stitching as well.  Once all the stitching is completed I will place the original template on top, cut out the goddess and put her on a background fabric.  Here is the heart I mentioned above, when the heart began it was just a traced heart onto muslin than I added the scraps and did the stitching, added the heart and button, placed the original template on top and cut it out resulting in the heart below.
I will be working on the goddess piece today for my slow Sunday stitching and linking this post up at Kathy's Quilts here:https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2024/03/slow-sunday-stitching.html

Also this month I will work on the Kathy Schmitz Woven Wreaths SAL piece for March, it's a cute little bee.  Tomorrow is week 10 of the k3n.clothtales SAL and Week 4 of the Woolie Friends Dancing Tulips SAL.  If interested here are the links 


3 comments:

  1. I love the look of your goddess project with all her pretty scraps! I'll enjoy seeing her again after you applique the shape to the background. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspired thought to fill your goddess with all that scrappy loveliness. You certainly have a lot of fabulous stitching projects to enjoy during March. Have fun stitching your goddess today.

    ReplyDelete