Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hand Painted Fabrics

I mentioned in my post yesterday after I left the quilt shop I headed to a trunk show hosted at the Yards N Yarn shop, the artist Wendy Compton has a real talent when it comes to creating  hand painted fabrics.

Wendy's fabrics are predominately nature related, with some beautiful water pieces in many shades of blue and green. She has a great selection of earth fabrics to ranging from pale green to a tropical punch reminiscent of a lovely sunset.
While speaking with Wendy I learned many of her fabrics are influenced from places she has visited while traveling and some from right here in sunny Florida.  Wendy not only paints fabrics she also makes stunning landscape pieces (in the frames) The detail she puts in are just perfect as seen here in
the couple sitting by the water, an old postcard was the inspiration for lovely piece. I also bought a small piece hand painted with sun painting details in shades of pinks and orange.
My first thought when I saw this piece was to embroider around some of the fern leaves, may be even add some bead work.  I'm not sure what I am going to make with the moon on the water piece, I knew as soon as I seen this piece my love for the beach told me I had to have it.
The more I look at it the more potential I see. I may just frame it and hang in on my wall so I can gaze at it daily.

There isn't a website site up at this time so I couldn't include a link, you can be sure once there is a site or shop I will be posting it here.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! These fabrics are wonderful.. The colours are beautiful. I too love the fern one, it's very pretty indeed. The sea one is awesome and yes just gazing at it is delightful indeed... Thinking whilst gazing of lovely far off places.
    What a treat, thank you for sharing these lovely fabrics :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed looking at them, the artist does have a talent for capturing the seascape I won't touch it until I'm sure I won't make a mess.

      Delete
  2. Painting on fabrics seems so complicated. I've done a little, but nothing like these fabrics. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and its not a task I'm ready to explore at this time, but I admire the work of the artist.

      Delete