Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2015

July TUSAL Report

My TUSAL report this month comes a few days after the July New Moon and my threads are few.
The Ort threads are from the Peace Square I did recently. The Peace Square has been sent off to the Artist for Peace project. https://obsesivcreativ.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/peace-squares-update/
Peace Square
 The Four Goddesses piece is waiting for me to make up my mind how I want to use it.  I have a few ideas so I may do another one.
Four Goddesses

I'm not sure what happened since the last new moon but I am about to remedy the lack of threads. I have been tracing the Hocuspocusville quilt blocks and should begin stitching them soon, with the initial drawback I had to scrap the first fabric because it wore down the point of my micron pen tracing the first block, in doing that I had to select a new fabric which was easy I went with plain unbleached muslin which I was planning to use as the stabilizing fabric on the blocks, so yesterday I went out and bought fabric to replace the back of the blocks.

I now have 10 blocks traced with two more to go and then I can start stitching.  Well that's my TUSAL Ort report for July, my next ort report should have lots of black threads.
Not sure what the TUSAL is, simply put Totally Useless Stitch-Along, though for me its not useless at all, its a motivator for me to stitch more. Are you curious about TUSAL click here for more details, http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-totally-useless-stitch-long-2015.html


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Hi Deb! I am soooo looking forward to receiving your very beautiful Peace Square! Thank you so much for making it and I shall let you know when it goes up on our Facebook page! It's wonderful that you have wanted to be part of this big project, in our 'Call Out' for Peace and thank you for telling your readers about it. Best wishes, Louise/obsesivcreativ x

    ReplyDelete