Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

June TUSAL, Slow Sunday Stitching and more

June started off on a good note for me and if the winds keep blowing favorable it can only get better. My health continues to improve with my energy increasing almost daily, my garden plants are blooming and on the creative front I have been happily stitching away.
For the June TUSAL report I have quite a few orts to add to my jar, most of the threads are predominately black from the Hocuspocusville quilt blocks but I have done a few other project along the way so my mix is getting colorful. (May's orts are included too some how I missed last month) http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/ I added the link but noticed there hasn't been any TUSAL posting since April but since I enjoy making these post on the new moon I'll keep doing it and check back at Its Daffy Cat blog when I can.

May/June Orts
On June 1st I signed up for the 13 Goddesses in 13 Weeks challenge and posted my first goddess last Wednesday, the next goddess will post on Monday as will the remainder for the challenge. 
First Goddess
Here is the link for more information on this challenge and a chance to see the wonderful and imaginative art the creator of the challenge makes. You can even sign up to take part. https://timelessrituals.blogspot.com/

I met up with the Thread Therapy stitchers group last Thursday at the new location in our local public library. The brick and mortar store closed its doors recently happily the group continues on, I didn't attend while I was ill so it was good to be back, they also meet up Saturdays at a local coffee shop.

During the weeks while I was sick the idea of painting with watercolors kept popping in and out of my head, though truth to tell it could have been a mild dilerium do to the fever, anyway, I purchased a small set of watercolor paints a few days ago to try my hand at another painting medium other then acrylics.

As I said at the beginning of my post June started on a good note as luck would have it one of the local art galleries, Gallery East, is offering a watercolor paint-a-long, among other interesting classes and workshops several of which I'd like to take, I was too sick to take the silk scarf painting so I'd like to try that one in July.

Here is my progress on the Hocuspocusville block 7 not too much done since last weeks post but a few other projects gave me the much needed break from the monotony of black thread. 

I'm linking up today with Kathys Quilts for Slow Sunday stitching, why don't you click the link and check out what other talented bloggers are slowly stitching today. 
 Stop back on Monday when I will be linking up to Supermom No Cape and the 13 Goddesses in 13 Weeks challenge with a new goddess to reveal.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better and making such good progress on your projects. I love the Hocuspocusville one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. You have a nice variety of projects to keep you busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you are busy. I'm so glad you are feeling better. I hope June sees continued improvement and a whole lot of stitching.

    ReplyDelete