Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

June is Flying by time for Slow Stitching on Sunday

This month is just zooming by I can't believe we are in the last week of the month, where does the time go?

We have had a mixture of sun, clouds and rain for most of the month, in fact as of last Friday we had 17 days of rain out of 19. Which is quite helpful when its not coming down in buckets and flooding parking lots and causing sinkholes to pop up.  This is June in Florida under the influence of a tropical storm which last week was known as Cindy.

My stitching has been slow going this week I'm making progress on the Summer of Love challenge piece and as expected rethinking my whole design.
DMC 3072 inside peace
I used DMC 3072 embroidery floss for the inside of the peace symbol, my 3 floss selection is The Whiter Shade of Pale. I plan to have the outside stitched later today.
my  DMC floss choice
I love the look of them, to me they give the illusion of faded fabrics from the past, when I first started reading about this challenge I could picture the clothing from 1967 and my design began to take hold I read through the information a few times and it became clearer to me what I wanted to create, I needed to make a few changes to my design and the colors would work perfectly.

I will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts https://kathysquilts.blogspot.ca/2017/06/slow-sunday-stitching_25.html

Now I need to get my beach proof project box ready so I can take my work along on vacation and keep it sand free.

7 comments:

  1. Lots of rain here this week too. Good for the garden and grass...great for sewing! I would like to go bike riding though so some sunshine would be helpful! Nice stitching project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on Summer of Love. I like your design very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the Summer of Love Challenge through your blog. I like seeing your progress. I am off to purchase my fabric right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I'm interested in how to sand-proof supplies 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your embroidery. I hadn't seen your blog since you finished your second lady. So much has happened. I, too, have gotten a few books to read for the summer and am trying to get a few goals finished. Great colors. There is NOTHING like being on a beach and seeing water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design! Good luck with the next step and enjoy the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb: Great progress on Summer Of Love.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete