Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Started Peace Zenbroidery

On Sunday evening I finally got started on the Zenbroidery Peace Symbol. I purchase the kit a few months ago but as always other projects came along or needed finishing so this one fell by the wayside until now.
Peace started
I wouldn't exactly call this a kit, the kit included the printed fabric, a needle and stitching ideas. I'm
the kit
not exactly pleased with the fabric which is 50/50 cotton/polyester and rather stiff I thought about washing it first then it dawned on me the printed lines would wash away, at least I hope they will wash out.  I thought of adding a backing fabric piece for the stitches as I do with many of my other hand embroidery projects but that idea fell by the wayside too.
I pressed the piece once again before I began stitching and when I passed my needle through the fabric I was quite surprised how easily it went through, the stiffness I thought would make it harder to stitch was quite easy to stitch.  Some of the lines are a bit heavy so if they don't wash out I will need to use more strands of thread so working with 3, 4 and may be even 6 strands at times should be interesting.  I thought about crayon tinting the piece before I stitched which would have helped cover some of the black lines. but I want to experiment using fill in stitches like I used on some of the leaves of the winter goddess.
leaves with fill in stitches


I don't have any floss colors pulled from my stash for the Peace symbol I'm just going to go with the flow and whatever color strikes my fancy at that moment I'll use.  I will be joining the linky party over at Super Mom No Cape today pop on over and take a look at what other bloggers are working on and pick up a free hand embroidery pattern, today is shells and fish.
http://www.supermomnocape.com/vintage-embroidery-monday-and-stitchery-link-party-114/

7 comments:

  1. I have seen the zenembroidery on other blogs. Some have mentioned they picked theirs up at JoAnn. My JoAnn is expanding to a new building so they don't seem to receive new items. Perhaps I'll check the web. Or maybe I'll just draw my own. Fun project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have purchased several from a JoAnns nearby they had just started carrying them. The one I am working on I purchased through Amazon.

      Delete
  2. It's always disappointing when a kit isn't quite of the quality we expect. Another way of getting around the lines not being covered, is to do multiple rows of the stitch. I prefer this method as I find it hard to manage a large number of strands in the needle at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I'll be quite creative with some of the stitching, I am trying the multiple rows too and I don't much like too many strands in my needle the stitches for me tend to look messy or bulky.

      Delete
  3. I find that whole process so interesting. I hope you keep posting to Stitchery Link so I can follow the progress, as this is something new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you're just going to use whatever color floss strikes your fancy at the moment and just let the piece develop as you go. You can always go back later and add in a different color if you choose.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm late to the party but have you washed it yet to know if the printed design will wash out? I just got my first zenbroidery and really want to wash it before starting but am afraid the design will wash out.

    ReplyDelete