Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Winter Goddess Hand Embroidery is Complete

Once again it is Sunday and time for some slow stitching which lately for me has meant really slow, but things do progress even when you work slow the hand embroidery on the winter goddess piece is complete and after all my doubts I can say she looks okay.  I still have no idea what to do with her so for now she will go in to be decided box. I finished stitching her on Friday evening.
stitching complete
Many times I just find a pattern I like with no real direction in mind except to hand embroider it so I do. Same thing happens with designs I make myself,  I just know I want to embroider it but after that no clue.  Perhaps some day I will gather those pieces together and make a quilt or a stitchery book. For me it doesn't much matter my joy comes from the act of stitching each piece, it is by far the most relaxing form of meditation I have found so far.

On Thursday morning I managed to squeeze in time for a trip to the library to pick up a few books to read during those times when I either don't feel like stitching or just need to give the fingers a rest.
this week I'm reading
These should keep me busy for a few days, I started the Sparrow Sisters on Friday while we were having one of those heavy rain storms and a cup of tea and a good book was the order for the afternoon.
I will be linking my post at Kathy's Quilts https://kathysquilts.blogspot.ca/2017/06/slow-sunday-stitching_11.html

5 comments:

  1. Pretty embroidery! Plenty of reading to keep you busy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring blog post! It is the process of stitching that creates joy and relaxation! The outcome is secondary. A book of your stitcheries would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Quilter Kathy said! Keep right on stitching for the joy of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely hair on your lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's lovely! I tend to frame my embroidery, either in a hoop or a frame, but I do have a LOT of wall space! I haven't read in ages... I used to read about 50 books a year, but I think I've ready about 3 this year so far!

    ReplyDelete