Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Slow Stitching on a Cloudy Sunday

On Friday we finally got some more rain the day began overcast and by mid morning the rains began and continued on most of the day, quite heavy at times, we needed it.  The weather forecast is for cloudy days and some showers through Wednesday and I sure hope we get some significant rain the area is so dry and brown.

The humidity makes it rather uncomfortable so I stay inside and what better way to spend an overcast sticky day than to slow stitch the day away, oh and get in a few loads of laundry too.

A few days I posted the progress I had made on the winter goddess so today I will post what I have done so far today.
June 4
The work I did prior to today is shown in the below photo as I mentioned in my earlier post I seem to
be dragging my feet on this piece, I'm not sure if I no longer like the piece or if I'm just reaching the point where I need a break from hand embroidery but I plan to keep stitching on her today and than put her aside for a short break.

I'll take a short break to do a little bit of reading later today my newest issue of Florida Gardening is waiting along with Make it Yourself magazine I picked up last week.


I love the Florida Gardening magazine, I have found it to be very helpful with garden planning, planting and other garden needs in Florida. There is an article on Basil I plan to read through today.,

I will be linking up to Kathy's Quilts today https://kathysquilts.blogspot.ca/2017/06/slow-sunday-stitching.html

On Monday I'll be linking up to the linky party at Super Mom No Cape
http://www.supermomnocape.com/

5 comments:

  1. Your stitching is very pretty. I wouldn't enjoy the gardening magazine, but the other one looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very pretty piece you are embroidering! I love the colours in it and the way they are weaving themselves together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your embroidery on this piece. Perfection! I too enjoy gardening and especially looking at the garden catalogues and dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Winter Goddess is going to be sooo pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing more but I sure do understand the need to take a break from projects.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete