Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Quilt Class fabrics

Yesterday I signed up for the beginning quilt class held at Tomorrow's Treasure quilt shop starting on Friday, January 23rd.  I want to improve and update my quilting skills, since I am self taught and have done most of my quilt making by hand I thought it would be nice to modernize my cutting and piecing methods and finally get a better grasp of the rotary cutter.

With supplies list in hand it was time for the hard task of choosing my fabric.  Here is the quilt we will be making.
The sweet little sampler quilt is made up of the blocks from other projects in the book required for class:
These are the fabrics I chose for my quilt, I went with neutral shades with a nature theme to the prints, I may have bought a bit more then I'll need.
though now as I look at the fabrics I may need to get another medium tone piece, I did check my stash bin and found 3 other fabrics I may use, the light fabric in the left may be the backing.
Though knowing me by the time class starts I may have a whole other set of  fabrics for the quilt. Perhaps purple, gold and green, or spring colors of pink, yellow and green are running through my mind,  I should probably avoid the quilt shop and fabric stores.


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant!!
    Good luck with your quilt course.. And I love your chosen fabrics.
    Looking forward to seeing your progress :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete