Pages

Friday, July 13, 2018

The ORT report for July's New Moon

Today is the new moon which is also time for the TUSAL ort report, now if you aren't familiar with what a TUSAL is jump on over to the link here to read what it's all about and perhaps join in the fun https://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com/2018/01/a-totally-useless-stitch-long.html

In a nut shell TUSAL stands for Totally Useless Stitch a Long but to me it's so much more than that, it is sharing with other bloggers what we are stitching and showing off our orts.  If you aren't familiar with the term orts its those little snippets of thread, floss, ribbon yarn etc. from the project you are currently working on.  Here are mine for July so far.
July New Moon Orts
There are a variety of snippets this month so far, I have been working on hand embroidery, some crocheting and even stitched up few Barbie doll dresses for my great niece Tessa.
All the green orts are from the Green Woman piece I recently finished stitching, the purple and pink shades of yarn are from the granny square afghan I am crocheting.
The blue metallic ribbon is from the piece I am making for the Stitch at home Challenge hosted by the San Francisco School of Needlework and Design.
Kreinik Threads provided a Bag o' Bits to each participant for this challenge and each of us has to use some of the threads in our design. As soon as I saw the blue metallic ribbon knew exactly what I wanted.
I didn't have too much trouble threading it through my needle and it stitched easily through the fabric and the stabilizer with no fraying and I plan to work with it again in the future.

Earlier in the week I came down with a summer bug, fever, sore throat, cough and now a tight congested chest which feels like bronchitis again so my stitching is slow going for the most part I am getting as must rest and sleep as I can so I can shake this bug fast. 

We had a brief but very drenching rain this afternoon so I don't need to water the plants

Well that's it for now I need a cup of tea and a place to rest my head for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Green Woman piece:) The work that you are starting below that pic...what is it called?....looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The other embroidery piece I haven't named yet I have a few ideas floating around my head.

      Delete