Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Out of the ashes

The sad and devastating news of fire burning Notre Dame I think of words I wrote a long time ago when face with loss from fire. "Out of the ashes the Phoenix rises ever to be reborn"


The phoenix is a mythical bird with fiery plumage near the end of its life, it settles in to its nest of twigs which then burns ferociously, reducing bird and nest to ashes. from those ashes, a fledgling phoenix rises – renewed and reborn. So too perhaps with rebuilding of this beautiful structure.
I like to believe that after 850 years of standing she can only come back more beautiful in structure giving France and the rest of the world renewed sense of faith.  I'm don't usually post religious content but these words from Isiah 40:8 are always with me though I have changed a few words The grass withers and the flowers fade,but the symbols of God stands forever.


1 comment:

  1. Deb: You are so right it will come back just as beautiful as before, this is such a sad happening.
    I would love to have seen this beautiful Church.
    My heart still cries.
    So true of the phoenix.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete