Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Hello December and Some Slow Sunday Stitching

The last few weeks have been busy with things picking up now that Thanksgiving is behind us. This year with Thanksgiving falling in the last week of the month sales have been crazy, but a good crazy for the business.  Unfortunately it doesn't leave me much time for anything else.

This year I went to my sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner my sister's youngest daughter who recently moved to Tampa and will move on to Chicago this summer was there, my son's girlfriend (aka The One) Megan as joined us for dinner, it was a wonderful day and the first time I celebrated with family other then my son in over 20 years.

On the stitching front I haven't done much in the way of hand embroidery but I did finally have time to remove the stitch and wash product off my greenman piece, now to iron out those pesky wrinkles.
Nothing will be done with him until after the holiday season when I have the time to find the right frames for him and the Greenwoman piece. I plan to do some Slow Sunday Stitching today.
My plants are doing well and I added a new Rosemary this week, I could resist the Christmas tree shaping.
The lavender is growing fuller and filling out nicely, I had planned to transplant to larger pots this month but I don't think they need it yet.
Oct. 2019

Dec. 2019
The Mums have re-bloomed and changed color from a light orange to a deep red orange and are just lovely, I love how they change color, a few years ago I had Mums that re-bloomed 4 times each with a new color.
November 2019
September 2019
This week I'll pick up some poinsettia plants to add more color to the front and near the rocks along the driveway.  But for now I plan to get in a bit of stitching before the busyness of the day begins. I plan to pull out the Celtic Cross piece to work on for a while today and I am linking up to Kathy's Quilts here:https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2019/12/slow-sunday-stitching.html

I am going to try to hand stitch every day throughout the month of December even if it's just a handful of stitches I miss the quiet calm that stitching brings to me.


3 comments:

  1. Deb: I have to say the Cross is stunning.
    The Greenman and Greenwoman is amazing, I look forward to seeing them framed.
    Your plant are wonderful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on your embroidery designs... they deserve a place of honour!
    I do hope you have even just a few moments of hand stitching peacefulness to enjoy each day this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to get a little daily stitching time in, too ... something grounding and calming about it, even if it's just five or ten minutes (though usually it stretches into fifteen or twenty)! Your 'green' pieces are just amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete