Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Last Slow Sunday Stitching for May and Catch Up

 Time surely flies, I can't believe the long gap between my post for the month of May, there should have been a Mother's day post but something happened while trying to post and it was lost, sadly this is not the first time that has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last.

So here is a bit of catch up for the month of May, in the early weeks of the month the weather was true Spring weather with cool mornings, dry air and lots of sunshine.  For Mother's Day my son and daughter in law took me out to lunch and to Washington Oaks state park because I wanted to see the gardens there. 

I was thrilled because for once I didn't miss the rose garden in full bloom, usually when I visit a botanical or park with gardens I miss the blooming roses. Not this time.










The day was perfect for the visit, bright sunshine and cool breezes it lies along the intercoastal waterway where people can fish from the shore, there were a few boats on the water.



There were some statues, lovely interesting trees, lots of native plants a few fountains and lots of flowers.
 






Throughout the month I have been having some medical tests done by my cardiologist, I will be having more throughout June. I'm looking forward to the end of the testing, happily none have been invasive and I have been in and out in about 20 to 30 minutes.

My slow stitching has been progressing and yesterday I finally completed the stitching on the March goddess, Hecate, I haven't washed off the stitch and wash product but here she is with the hand embroidery done.

The design is not my own this is a pattern from Urban Threads, despite all my doubts she turned out nicely and I do like the results. Here is the link to Urban Threads where you can find a variety of hand embroidery patterns https://www.urbanthreads.com/

I also completed the April Goddess, the inspiration for this goddess is the little reproduction statue of the Minoan Snake goddess shown in the first photo.

And the hand embroidered Snake goddess for my personal Goddess a Month challenge for April. I completed this about a week ago.

I am linking my post to Kathy's Quilts here: https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/05/slow-sunday-stitching_02080809229.html

The weather has turned quite hot with the start of the Memorial Day weekend summer begins.  I wish you all a safe and happy weekend and let us not forget what this weekend is about.




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous roses. Great embroidery projects you are working on. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful and your sewing projects are lovely so unusual, I hope your medical tests all come back clear, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when cyberspace gobbles up a post that you have just written! What a wonderful place in which to wander for Mother's Day. It looks as if the sun was shining just for you. Gorgeous scenery and beautiful roses. Your Hecate looks impressive; so much tiny hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous roses, looks like a lovely place to visit too.
    Your goddesses look fantastic, the snake goddess is especially powerful looking!
    It's whitsun here in the U.K. so we get a Bank Holiday morning. For once the weather has been lovely!

    ReplyDelete