Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Last Sunday in August, A New SAL and Updates

 On Friday I had the follow up with my cardiologist in regard to the heart surgery and how I was doing good the first few visits in Cardiac Rehab and then I hit a wall of fatigue, short of breath and dizzy. I had to stop the rehab until I saw the doctor to avoid falls or other injury which I understand. I just don't feel right.

The doctor adjusted my medications, had me stop the Atenolol due to low heart rate again. I am trying not to panic because any time a doctor tried to stop the Atenolol my blood pressure would spike to well over 200/100 so I am apprehensive but have stopped it as of Friday. 

He is sending me to the neurosurgeon to consult about the carotid arteries and whether they should/could have stents inserted or not. He told me they probably won't because of the danger of blood clots to the brain. On the up note I lost 5 pounds, I can go back to cardiac rehab and my heart sounds good when he listened to it.  

It's Sunday and so far my blood pressure is doing well, my heart rate is out of the 40's and 50's which is good. So after breakfast today I took a nice slow walk at the park. 

I have a photo of my August goddess of the month, Ariadne partially stitched I put her aside to make an effort to work on and finish Isis the July goddess.

I haven't finished the stitching on the July goddess yet but I am nearly done with the August goddess I just haven't taken a new photo.  I am going to link my post here https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2021/08/slow-sunday-stitching_02034189019.html

I signed up for a free SAL which begins Monday August 30, 2021 every Monday a participating designer will post a pattern which is free to download.  Each designer also offers kits, wool etc. if you would rather work with a kit.
It is Wool applique though I have seen them done in cotton fabrics of previous stitch a longs.  There is a Facebook group for anyone that wants to join.  I participated last year have all the patterns and I purchased some of the kits but that is as far as I went.  I think I am apprehensive because I am not too experienced at applique.  Here is the link for the Facebook group if you are interested 
here is the link for the first look at the first block.
https://www.calicopatchdesigns.com/shop/Woolie-Stamp-Collection/p/January-Postage-Stamp-x59458414.htmh?fbclid=IwAR1FPVM0aEXFq3ZknJTOD2GslPCwhNBSR6eadcwejf2as6_CtefDMHyNb_I

As I mentioned the patterns are free to download each week and will have 12 blocks one for each month of the year. 

Can it really be the last Sunday in August?  I have to admit I am happy to see this month end and in a few weeks Autumn will arrive, I love the Fall and this year I am really looking forward to it.  If all goes well I plan to travel north in late October or early November for some leaf peeping and apple picking. I wish all of you a wonderful Sunday and a great week ahead.



7 comments:

  1. The wool sew along sounds like fun and manageable at one block a month. I hope your next rehab session goes well. It is a long slow road to recovery from heart issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are not well at the moment. Hopefully you can take a few stitches in July or August goddess and enjoy a relaxing hour or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! I've just followed your link to the stitch a long I'm really intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to read of your health problems. Hopefully all the doctors who are looking after you will have your health sorted and you will soon be able to travel and enjoy some leaf peeping and apple picking. I am glad that you will be soon be enjoying Fall, your favourite season. Your wool stitch along sounds intriguing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you all the best with your recovery. I hope you will be able to enjoy leaf peeping and apple picking. I would love to look into that stitch-along, but I have way too many WIPs right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to read of your health problems. Try not to worry, but easier said than done, I know. Hopefully the change of meds are helping, and you can only be guided by the health professionals. A nice slow walk in the park sounds idyllic, out in the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings. You know your body better than anyone, so follow your instinct as to what you can do. I hope your BP stays within range. Looking forward to hearing more about how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete