Pages

Monday, March 7, 2022

Signs of Spring's Arrival are Popping Up in My Garden.

 Every day I walk around the outside of my house to the sounds of birds, bees and the scampering of a squirrel or two. Today I noticed the pear tree has flowered, last week there were just a few small buds. It's a scrawny tree that doesn't get much sunlight when I first moved into this house almost 3 years ago there was a few small pears. I don't know who planted it where they did because it is overshadow by a very large oak tree and several other trees so I think it was doomed from the start.

March 7 2022

 
March 1 2022
I also noticed the yard is full of fallen leaves, it looks like autumn in the north, I have documented this falling of leaves in March in my garden journal and it happens every year so I'm sure it's normal for my area in Florida.

  A few other blooming plants in the yard, the purple flowers, I believe is Spiderwort, are everywhere in the backyard, there were a few bees buzzing about, the ever faithful dandelion coming up through the driveway. 


I can't recall the name of this shrub the flowers don't last too long. I think the plant below is Indian Hawthorn.


There are 3 of these plants along the side of my garage, they are quite pretty the flowers are like stars and remind of jasmine. 

There are signs of Spring's arrival everywhere except in the weather where the temps are in the high 80's. We are expecting so rain tomorrow and Wednesday.  We need it everything is so dry and there is yellow pollen everywhere which makes my allergies flare and my car looks like a breaded pork chop.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment