Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Some July Slow Sunday Stitching and New Projects Brewing

 July is flying by so quickly after celebrating my birthday on the 1st and getting through the 4th of July holiday weekend time just hit warped speed.  I have found more time to get some stitching done on my Greenman piece, I began crocheting a new Granny Square afghan and I am taking part in a few online stitching adventures.

The first is on Instagram is the Lolli & Grace #stitch and share 31 days of creative prompts for stitchers on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/stitchandshare/   I will also be joining the SAL beginning on July 27th info can be found here, https://lolliandgrace.com/blogs/blog/moon-crystals-a-new-stitch-along-for-the-snarky-modern-facebook-group  You will need to join the Facebook Group in order to get the pattern and updates.

I also joined though a bit late the Roxy's Journal of Stitchery Vol.2 I watched the videos to catch up. https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/roxysjournalofstitchery   I haven't made a stitching journal in years so it I just watched them through while I worked on my greenman.  There are 2 themes either Christmas book or a Winter book, I will probably combine both.  The series runs through December 2022 so this should keep me stitching more often again.

I think for my first journal page I'm going to use the reindeer pattern I purchased from Hook, Line and Tinker, I made a set of 8 napkins in red and blue for a friend.


My progress on the Greenman I finally had the motivation to do hand embroidery now that my fingers and hands aren't aching so bad and my eyes aren't burning and tearing from my allergies.  

I put in all those little acorns before I continued with the oak leaves that way the lines don't get lost in the leaves before I have a chance to stitch them.  I will be linking up to Kathy's Quilts for slow Sunday stitching here https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2022/07/slow-sunday-stitching_01742699446.html

Here is the start of my Granny Square Afghan I'm using Lion Brands Mandala yarn in the Troll colorway. I changed my mind on the stitch I was going to use and finally settled on the ever growing granny square which works up quickly.  I love the random color changes with the mandala yarn.

I put in a few stitched on the Brigid's cross piece I had put aside a while ago and silly me forgot where I put it. The cross is stitched and now I move onto the knot work.


Those pesky black lines will disappear once the stitching is done and I wash off the Stitch and Wash product.  This pattern is actually a coloring book page from Creative Haven by Dover publications.

The birds have been visiting the bird feeders in the yarn each day at Noon, then again around 3 and in the evening between 3 and 7.  The woodpecker hasn't found the seed block on the blue hook yet but he manages, the cardinals come on and off all day.





2 comments:

  1. Poor you, aching fingers and burning eyes, hope these nasty symtons go away soon. It's always nice to watch the birds feeding, isnt 8t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allergies have been so bad this year. Wonderful needlework. I'm visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.

    ReplyDelete