Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year and Welcome January

 For several years January 1st always begins with me choosing a reading challenge or 2 to start the year. This year is no different. One of the first challenges I will be joining is the Cruisin through the Cozies 2023 reading challenge with my goal for the Snoop level which is 10 books:

The first book I am reading in 2023 is by Lauren Elliot, Steeped in Secrets and it just so happens to be a cozy mystery.
The book has many of the elements I enjoy in a cozy mystery: tea, magic and a bit of murder.  What more could I ask for?
Here is the link if you are interested in signing up yourself: 
https://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2022/11/cruisin-thru-cozies-reading-challenge.html?lr=1

On another note Simon has been very helpful with my crochet project, my ever growing granny square will eventually be a throw or afghan.  I am using Lion Brand's Mandala yarn in the Troll colorway and plan to combine it with another colorway at this moment I can't recall the name.


On December 29th I finally purchased a new car, after putting it off for nearly 2 years I took a few days drove a few cars and purchased the 2022 Kia Rio, I love buying at the end of the year there are always great deals out there. 

 It was way passed time to get rid of the Cadillac when the 3rd oil leak was discovered, I wasn't about to throw good money at a problem that never seems to be fixed.  The last mechanic said it would cost more to repair than the car was worth.  It was a 2006 that I bought used in 2015.  About a year ago I decided I needed a smaller more fuel efficient car not to mention something smaller for my aging body. Some days the Caddy felt like I was driving a truck.  

She will be missed on those long road trips and weeks when I need the entire back seat to brings packages to the post office but that is about it. 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for joining the Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge. Looks like you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete