Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Tying up July with a Slow Sunday Stitching Floss story and the Finished Morrigan.

 I put the last stitches into the Morrigan embroidery piece. I put off stitching her for nearly 2 weeks because I only had two strands of the wool floss I used for the wings left and didn't think I had enough, I ordered more and it came Friday so I finished stitching it yesterday and guess what? I had just enough to finish the piece without using the new stuff. I guess I should have kept stitching instead of waiting believing I didn't have enough floss and it would have been finished. Next time that happens I will use up the last bits I have on hand then go from there.  Here she is before I iron it.

On my search for more of the black wool floss I mistakenly thought I bought it at my local needlework shop, Brick City Cross Stitch, only to discover they don't sell wool floss. I did buy the Black Crow cotton floss there.  Not to make the trip a total waste of time I did pick up a few other flosses because who can resist all those luscious colors. The first group I just thought of oceans, and the second group will be used for an autumn project.  Let me clarify a trip to the LNS isn't ever a waste of time, it's just quite a distance from my home.


 What I should have done was to call ahead to see if they had the wool floss in stock, which would have disclosed they don't carry it and I would have remembered I purchased it online.  I made two purchases the first one for some Weeks Dye Works for the Kaleidiscope I was working on when I came across the Gentle Arts  Black Crow for the Morrigan piece I thought how fitting the name of the colorway so I bought them and added the wool floss to try.  The second purchase was for more of the wool floss when I finally remembered I didn't get it at the LNS,  I also ordered a few other colors of wool floss in lovely autumn colors and a wool blend on the end to try out.
I love the softness of the wool floss. I purchased it at 123 Stitch my go to place when the LNS doesn't have what I need in stock. I love the texture it brings to a piece, the softness of the floss to touch.  You can separate the strands, for the wings I used 2 strands.

I have no idea where I will use the other wool floss at this time only to say I have a few Autumn projects rolling around in my mind and will surely be posting all about it here. In the meantime I am linking my post to Kathy's Quilts here https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/2023/07/slow-sunday-stitching_0426548094.html


 

3 comments:

  1. A great embroidery finish! Your new purchases are lovely - always a good idea to add to the thread collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this beautiful finish!
    I have never embroidered with wool thread.

    ReplyDelete