Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Quilt Show photos and slow sunday stitching

The quilt show I attended on Friday was somewhat of a disappointment, while there were some lovely quilts to view, and several vintage quilts on display to ooh and ahh over the lack of vendors was a big disappointment.  There were two at this show a scissors vendor and one Quilt shop vendor, in addition to the guild's boutique.

While I can't say enough about the lovely quilts on display it would have been nice to shop a few vendor booths as there is usually something unique offered by each.

Here is a look at a few of the quilts with hand embroidery that were on display
and the show label
and a close up 

and the label

and a close up of a granny
this lovely quilt was labeled as hand appliqued on the label but it was hand embroidery which was fixed a few minutes later.
the show label with mistake
close up
This one was a real stunner once you get a close look at each embroidery stitch you realize just how long it must have taken to stitch this beauty
love the story on the label
and a close up
Well thats a few of the quilts from the quilt show, I'll be posting more throughout the week,

Here is what I am working on today, block five of the Hocuspocusville Quilt, I am linking up to Kathy's Quilts for a little Slow Sunday Stitching  http://www.kathysquilts.blogspot.ca/2016/02/slow-sunday-stitching-february.html 
It's a large block and I'm off to a rather good start I can't think of a better way to recuperate my energy after spending yesterday at the Hoggetown Medieval Faire in Gainesville I intend to stitch the aching muscles away.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilts... thanks for sharing them!
    ENjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete