Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

A little this and that

Things are finally winding down here with the majority of the holiday rush over with, at this point if you haven't purchased it yet you waited too long and as in years past we still get a few inquiries as to whether it will arrive in time for Christmas, at this point we just say no. Sorry I don't stop what I'm doing to drop off one package to the post office. I'll be making a drop off at the post office in an hour and then start printing the waiting items for Monday morning shipping but for now I am enjoying a much needed break.

While the coffee is brewing I have time to make a short post though not much has been going on this week.  Yesterday the mail arrived with a few surprises for me.  My friend K sent me this lovely hand crafted journal.
I love the cowrie shell flower and the fabrics feel like recycled Sari fabrics which I love. The journal
is a nice size to tuck in my purse or crafting tote bag so I can take it along with me, the pages appear to be crafted from handmade paper. It's a thoughtful gift from a very cherished friend.

My friend Linda sent me a package filled with an assortment of magazines a note she enclosed informed me a gift subscription for 3 of them has been started.
Looks like I have something to read for the upcoming winter months, my issue of Tea Time came yesterday too! I have to say just looking at the cover has me yearning for the quieter calm of January.
My body is crying out for rest and relaxation after the hustle and bustle of the last month so I registered for a Crazy Quilt workshop on January 3rd.  I can't think of a better way to start a New Year.
The Crone's Cradle host some interesting workshops and other events throughout the year and this year I plan to attend a few more events and activities offered.  http://cronescradleconserve.org/

I noticed this lovely grouping of fabrics Botanical Blues on the back of one of the quilting magazines, I have to look for it.
Botanical Blues

embroidery panel
Well the coffee is ready so let me post this so I can get off a letter or two before I head to the post office, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment